Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
userDEWbs0FbQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

MAZDA CX-5 2018 NOT WORKING WIRED OR CABLE, STOP BLAMING THE CAR ITS OBVIOUSLY YOUR FAULT SAMSUNG. FIX IT QUICKLY PLEASE.

useriKcrc1GO8B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

AAWireless worked flawlessly with my 2021 Acura TLX Type-S and my Samsung Galaxy S21.   But will not work at all with my new Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra.   Works fine with phone wired directly to the car, but not the AAWireless unit.   Removed the old device from the car's AA config.  Did a firmware update on the AAWireless device.  Reset the AAWireless device to factory default and started from scratch.  Nothing.  Set the S21 up again and it worked fine with AAWireless.  Will not work with the S24U.

Emailed AA support and getting nowhere, and of course Samsung takes no responsibility.  Definitely a step backward.

Cab1150
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Help! Anyone else having problems using Android Auto with their Samsung S24 plus? Mine simply will not connect and gives the message "Device not supported". Auto dealer claims it is not their issue (Honda CRV 2019), and Xfinity claims it is a Samsung issue. 
Mario-MKA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok 

Found issue what I was mentioned before 

All sorted working well,  no any random disconnections. 

S24 ultra  Audi A5 

Solved with this steps 

Fully resetting audi Infotainment ( media unit ) 

Deleted all connections.  

Just wiped everything.  

On phone go to android auto check your firmware version and google what actuality latest available version.  Founded as for some reason auto update not giving latest software as I see on google not matching numbers. 

Found on Internet latest downloaded updated.  

And working with no any disconnecting issue šŸ™„ 

So my question why play store not give latest available software?  

Tested already second day driving no problems šŸ˜Š 

0 Likes
userHj9N4nVTdD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem, S24 Ultra would not connect to 2018 VW Atlas. I tried someone's suggestion of uninstalling the app from my phone, then reinstalling and it worked! Whatever the cause may not be necessarily a S24U problem since in my case I've got 2 new Android phones (the other Moto 5g Power) that experienced same problem. Give it shot if not already, good luck!

0 Likes
userDEWbs0FbQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I found the answer!

1. Uninstall any updates

2. Download and install the old version on s24 (10.3.633404) arm64-v8a

it will loaded up properly in the car. It then will make you download the newest version.

aa wireless will restart, but then it continued to work!

I turned the car off and restarted it and it still continued to work!

Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Just tried Android Auto today on my S24 and it works great with my 2023 Acura.

I love how Google assistant handled my text messages for me as I drove to a restaurant.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Agus7in
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My S22+ will not connect any more to my Audi Q3.  I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and NOTHING WORKED.  PLEASE FIX THIS.

What happens:  when I connect the phone, it disconnects after 1 or a few seconds, it re-connects again, disconnects and so on.  The only thing that I see on the screen is that the phone initiates charging and restarts charging every few seconds.

Details:
  1. Reinstalled AA, cleared data, cleared cache, nothing worked
  2. Tested both USB-C and USB-A ports, neither worked with AA
  3. Tried 2 USB-C cables and 3 USB-A cables, none work with AA, but they work anywhere else.  Tried half a foot-long cable up to 3 feet cables, same result.
  4. I activated USB debugging mode, did not work
  5. I removed the option for optimizing battery use in AA, spotify, google maps, whatsapp, etc., did not work
  6. I cleared all the phones stored in the car software, did not work
  7. I connected my iPhone and both CarPlay and charging work perfectly
  8. Finally, I decided to go to AA settings and I changed the setting about starting the app, I tried car default and always start and no improvement, BUT, when I tried start if used on the last drive, AA did not launch automatically, the phone started charging and I pressed on the car screen to connect AA and it worked - I was happy for a minute...
  9. However, I disconnected the phone and connected it again and it did not work anymore
  10. I have not been able to make AA work again. I went ahead and uninstalled all AA updates and still the same problem... 
  11. I downloaded the latest AA version from APK, did not work
0 Likes
dwboston
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I received my S24U today.  I just went out to the garage and paired it to my car (2019 RR Sport) and plugged the existing USB cable into it and Android Auto started right up.  In my experience, Android Auto is very sensitive to the type of USB cable used.  I had issues with previous OnePlus and Samsung phones with AA, using high-quality cables from Anker and other companies, until I saw a post a few years ago from a Google product manager discussing cables.  He recommended a couple at the time, so I bought two of the branded Google USB-A to USB-C cables.  They were pricey but worth it, as I have had no AA connection issues with these cables.

Another potential fix is to go into developer options and put the phone into USB debugging mode when making the initial Android Auto connection to the car.  That allows you to change the default USB connection behavior (should be something like "File Transfer/Android Auto") and should help get you connected going forward.

0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been having intermittent connection issues with my brand new S24 Ultra. I at first thought it may be the cable, but no. The cable is fine as I have tried multiple cables. I am glad I found your post. I hope that this is a software issue and not a charging port issue. That would suck if the majority of us had to send our phones in to get a different charging port.

0 Likes