JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Plus froze and won't respond to anything

(Topic created: yesterday)
Options
Galaxy S24

This morning my s24 plus just crashed on me. I did nothing out of the ordinary. Last thing I did was sent a message to my friend and added a gift and the entire thing froze on me. It wouldn't allow me to restart. It kept flashing on the screen and then going off and won't respond. I saw a message that One UI stopped working. 

It just tried to restart on its own and is now stuck on "powered by Android." Any suggestions? I never had this happened to any phone. I baby my devices. I am using my Note 20 to type this. I am glad I kept it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Try this, hold down the power button, and volume down button simultaneously until the screen turns black. The phone should reboot.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Try this, hold down the power button, and volume down button simultaneously until the screen turns black. The phone should reboot.
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. This worked. Thank you. I have no idea what caused it to freeze up like that. All it was saying is One UI is not responding and wouldn't leave my screen on for me to restart the normal way.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It worked, yay!

In the old days, when a phone would freeze up, you would just remove the battery.

The next step I think you should perform form is a wipe cache partition.

Power off your phone, and while it is off, press the power button and volume up button simultaneously, and when you feel the vibration, let go of buttons, and you should be in the bootloader screen.
Using the power button for OK and the volume buttons for navigation, scroll down to wipe cache partition, press OK, and then yes. Next, it will be to reboot.

This will clear out your phone of junk installation ghost files and speed up your phone. You should always do this after a software update.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh ok. Thanks. I am usually so skeptical about doing things like this because I don't want to accidentally delete something and mess up the software.
0 Likes