Original topic:

Anyone else get The change RCS color chat bubble update today?

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 01:34 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24
We can now make iPhone's bubbles any color that we feel like! Google just rolled out a super exclusive beta update that gives us the ability to choose bubble colors for each individual chat (has to be an RCS chat, SMS obviously you can't change). We can make them green bubbles to us if we want, or purple or red or green there's around nine colors I think I took screenshot and I just got the update from the Google Play Store on Google messaging beta program that I've been a part of for years. The update just rolled out to my S24 Ultra like 15 minutes ago but my S23 Ultra that is on the same account and is also running one UI 6.1 did not get the color changing bubble RCS update. I read an article on Tom's guide earlier about it being extremely beta right now, that only a select few devices are getting a test roll out. It must be an RCS chat and you open the chat with the person or people, tap there details up in the top right and you'll see a new option called "change bubble color" from there you can see my screenshot and you just pick for each chat a customized bubble color it's pretty cool. 

17 Replies
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
very cool..
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Not any breaking news, but still a neat little touch Google has thrown us. They've been working on this "feature" for literally two years now and we just now got the first round of beta. Looks to be specific to only the S24 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro as of now.
0 Likes
Benjilus2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I got that on my s22 ultra since early March
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
What? Lol how? Google just released it and it's supposed to be a server-side switch so there isn't any way to enable it other than Google turning it on. You sure we're talking about the same thing? In the stock Google messages app
0 Likes
Benjilus2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I'm talking about the the color bubbles on Google message
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
That's crazy, maybe you lucked out! No reported S23 Ultra's even got it yet including mine, only my S24 Ultra got it and it was reportedly just switched on earlier today. I have seen people having features that were completely unreleased turned on by Google in the past so it's not impossible that you were one of the lucky people. Many years ago I got call screen enabled around a month earlier than it's official release on my then Google Pixel 2 XL. That's cool they still do things like that
0 Likes
Benjilus2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They're pushing it out in phase to limited beta users still I think
Options
Galaxy S24
Correct, that's what I read and experienced at least.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I didn't get it yet. I've been in the Beta since 3/2020, maybe tomorrow!