Original topic:

Battery draining s24 ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Recently bought a new s24 ultra and since day one I feel like I got half of the battery I was supposed to have. Even tho nothing is turned on the phone is still dying slowly up to 10% in 1 hour. Crazy. 
Does anyone have anything in mind which might be helpful?
Yes, no any apps using battery too much
Yes, no always on display, mobile data etc
Yes, I've diagnosed my phone and all the stuff 
Yes, I've cleared the cache
Phone was bought like 5_6 days ago
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I set up my smartphone this way...1725989673456_1725989673447_0.jpg
0 Likes
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Check mine1725989860882.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Well...if I am not wrong on my assumptions...you have two wireless carriers active at the same time, plus wifi active (ON)? If this is correct, your battery will drain extremenly fast.
0 Likes
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
On my old xiaomi I had 2 Sims and it was flawless. This one has 1 sim from my country which I turned off and 1 esim from us
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Got it! Uhh...1. Take time to look for your apps, and uninstall or disable those that consumed too much battery. Go to Sumsung apps on your device > Device care > Battery > Power Saving > ON. On the same screen, go down to Battery Usage and select viwe detail. This will show you the battery activity based on Apps in use. Then, you have to determine which apps are the "battery killer" and put them to sleep/disble or un-installed. It will take some time. When you complete this task, use normal charging setup, and let it charge up to 80% (Battery Protection > Maximum. Use your smartphone, and put it back to charge when it hits 10% charge. DO NOT USE IT WHILE CHARGING!!!! THAT IS A NO, NO NO!!! Repeat this charging process for couple of weeks. Keep a log of this issue on your calendar. Next month, repeat but with Battery protection > Basic. Monitor the charging/discharge process.
Again, from my troubleshooting standpoint, you will figure out IF there is an issue with the battery (under warranty) or have too many apps running in the back ground.
0 Likes
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, no any apps consuming energy. Even when it was showing that I wasted 40% of battery, the apps only used 16% combined.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Bear in mind: any app that uses features such as Location, Google (directly or in the background), weather, social media (which will keep listening and searching on your comments).Take a look settings 怋 Battery, and looks for power consumption. Unless they are Disabled, they are draining your battery. Also, screen settings, such as VIVID, and others.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Also, turn off the SIM Manager > More SIM setting IF there is a way to turn off the SIM you barely use, as applicable.

Hope all these provides any help to address the battery issue. Worst case Scenario: contact Samsung for a under warranty service. keep me posted.
0 Likes
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, just did. Gonna go to IbreakUfix in NYC tomorrow, will give them my phone for full test and all the stuff, was told that they can replace the battery, which I really hope they won't
The phone is literally a week old...
0 Likes
shureg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
And samsung stuff told me to put adoptive, not maximum, I mean it's gotta try it anyway, maybe it will work. In the evening I will factory reset the phone and download each app individually for sure1725992535421.jpg
0 Likes