JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery drastically changed it's behaviour

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 07:56 AM)
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello everyone,

I can't escape noticing that my s24 battery is dying pretty quickly. For the last four days I have been walking around with a power bank and thinking how my iphone 11 had a longer battery life.

I have disabled background activity on most of the apps.

I have disabled notifications on most of the apps.

I didn't change the way how I use brightness.

I did a factory reset of my phone.

So what else can I do ? Because before this last four days everything seemed ok. I didn't get much screen on time but at least it wasn't as awful as it is now.

Thanks

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24

I do also see usage percentages in settings > battery, but I don't understand it. Example: I have a full charge, sum of percentages that I see is 20 or maximum 25, so where does the 80/75% go ?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

I have also tried those tips:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Still same issue.

Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for for sharing! That's s great reference tool. Have a great day! 1šŸ˜Š
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello @magicalKhachapuri, did the phone recently get an update of any kind recently in the past four days or so, as you stated?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

No, it did not. As a last resort I have removed my work profile several hours ago and I'm looking at how phone will behave. I will update this post if there will be any difference.

By the way I'm scrolling through the posts in here and I see that people have received March updates on 1st, and I have not. Are devices queued for an update or something like that ?

0 Likes
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, it depends on the device, as the newer S24 series is first in line to receive it. It's making its way gradually, but it'll be reaching everyone who owns the phone along with some other eligible ones later on.
Options
Galaxy S24

Great, thanks!

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It also depends on whether the phone is locked to a specific carrier or unlocked.
Options
Galaxy S24

It's unlocked.

0 Likes