Original topic:

Battery issues

(Topic created: a month ago)
BaldKellyPrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ever since I purchased the phone in February there has been one particular issue that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever my battery gets to 15% it starts to die faster. When it's at 5%. I will literally watch within a matter of 30 seconds the phone going from 5% to 1% and I have done everything I believe and it's still giving me issues. Would I be better off just contacting Samsung while it's still within it's one year warranty?

10 Replies
Isabella546
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

I've encountered similar battery issues with my Samsung phone before. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Calibrate your battery:

• Let your phone's battery drain completely until it shuts off.
    • Charge it to 100% without turning it on.
    • Once it's fully charged, turn it on and see if the battery percentage behaves more accurately.
  2. Check for battery-draining apps:

• Go to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Usage since last full charge.
    • Look for any apps that are consuming an unusually high amount of battery and consider uninstalling or restricting their background activity.
  3. Update your software:

• Make sure your phone is running the latest software version. Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
  4. Clear the cache partition:

• Turn off your phone.
    • Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button until the Samsung logo appears, then release both buttons.
    • Use the volume buttons to navigate to "Wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
    • After the process is complete, select "Reboot system now".
  5. Reset your phone settings:

• Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset all settings. This won't delete your data but will reset settings like Wi-Fi passwords and app preferences.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it might be a hardware problem. Given that your phone is still under warranty, contacting Samsung support is a good idea. They can perform a diagnostic test and determine if a replacement or repair is necessary.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes