Original topic:

Camera focus problems S24 ultra.

(Topic created: 05-01-2024 05:33 PM)
InmortalX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anyone still have camera focus problems when taking photos at close range, like a document, business cards etc. ?? It's really bugging me. Any suggestions??
Thanks. 
8 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I find that setting the camera zoom to .6, provides a close-up, macro focusing capability.
InmortalX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It helps, I just have to fight the shadow of my phone lol. Thanks
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, that can definitely be an issue. I try to do close-up document shooting during the day in a well illuminated area such as my porch, which faces south, towards the sun. This environment provides light that is well diffused and less likely to cast shadows.
0 Likes
InmortalX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Good suggestion. I had to use three different lights to get a good shot.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
100% use the wide angle which is the 0.6 zoom lens. More importantly make sure you have focus optimizer on and scene optimization on as well. When you're up close to what you want to take a picture of, use the laser autofocus to dialing exactly what you want the camera focusing on. You do this simply by tapping whatever it is that you want to be in focus and you'll see a yellow square appear around whatever you tapped and it will follow and lock on to that thing you tapped even if you move the camera around a bit. Obviously our phone doesn't have a macro dedicated mode but with both optimizing scenarios on while using this wide-angle lens, that pretty much mimics what macro mode is anyway and I've gotten some pretty beautiful up close macro style shots of morning dew on flowers and a rad caterpillar on a leaf where you can even see the individual hairs on it. I find personally that the focus optimizer has the biggest effect aside from using the right lens.
XxGrundyxX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having issues with the camera focusing properly. I'm using a MOUS magsafe translucent case.

I just installed the new update today and are still having the same issue.
0 Likes
Takara S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

For it being such a smart phone and all the bragging about how great the camera is, it seems pretty pointless to have to go to such lengths just to get it to take a picture it is supposed to be able to do automatically on its own. 

I just got this a few days ago and so far the camera is really making me want to return the whole thing. 

InmortalX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree. It's a pain. I had the S7 and then the Note 9 and I never had a problem with the camera. I made the jump from the Note 9 to the S24 ultra and yes I'm disappointed. Such a high price to have those problems with the camera.