Original topic:

Text Messages coming in separate for same phone numbers

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 06:54 PM)
Virginia_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This also happened with my other non-Samsung phone, and I'm wondering if there is a solution or if anyone else is experiencing this. 

For some reason, my texts to someone are separated into two separate messages. 

On one text conversation I see only my replies to a person, and on a separate text conversation I see the person's replies to me. It doesn't happen with everyone, but I don't understand why this happens. 

Can someone please help clarify what's going on?
7 Replies
Joshuah40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I lost voice to text. You know where you tap on the microphone in the top bar. Then a microphone pulses blue, then you speak into it, and it types out your voice to text, and then you send it. I miss and really liked that feature. What happened to it and is there a message app that still has it and what is it's proper name.
0 Likes
sillyjunkgirl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes help
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
They moved it
You need to re enable it in settings
General management
Keyboard list and default
Toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar
And it will be in its new location
1716003962359.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Virginia_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I still have it. Make sure you're using Gboard (Google's keyboard) for your default
0 Likes
Takara S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

i found the voice to text, it is in a ridiculously stupid spot in my opinion. My issue with it, is that it does not translate punctuation into actual punctuation and just spells out "question mark" instead, is there a way to fix this?

I am also irritate that i cannot change the period next to the spacebar on the right, other than to make it go away. I want that to be the question mark but it will not allow me to alter it to anything. The left hand side i can choose many other options. It already auto generates a period after 2 spaces. 

0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Report this problem to your carrier. They are responsible for your messaging working properly.
Virginia_NY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll try, but doubtful anyone is going to know over the. I'll update if I get a solution.