JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't add Google account to secure folder

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 05:36 PM)
gsxdsm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Can't add a Google account that is already on the device to a secure folder. Can't access Play or installed apps licenses. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Toysoldier100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I was finally able to add my Google account...just type your Google name without the @Gmail 

View solution in context

20 Replies
mslauria
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got my Samsung S24+ and I encountered the same problem while in my old S10+ I never encountered such troubles.

It is abnormal that I should use different accounts for personal and not personal area... I used it to have two whatsapp on the same phone so far and I lost the history of the whatsapp installed in personal area.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here... darn!

Galaxy Store works fine though when I try do add an app from Play Store in Secure Folder, I'm prompted to login and it errors out stating "that account already exists on your device".

0 Likes
carlosbxx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Try logging in with the alternwtive options saying you forgot your email. I used my phone and name and password and that worked. 

0 Likes
Eyrina
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here! Moving from an S20+ where it worked perfectly fine, now I can't add the same account on my phone and my secure folder...

Tech support told me to reset the phone and transfert files with Smart Switch without the secure folder, I did (and lost quite a few hours re-setting all... Thanks) but still doesn't work.

Uninstalling and getting a fresh secure folder doesn't help either. 

0 Likes
Solution
Toysoldier100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I was finally able to add my Google account...just type your Google name without the @Gmail 

Flattire147
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

So so stupid - I was stuck on this for an hour before I found this answer... They don't seem to understand our use cases!

phsouza89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Your solution worked perfectly!!!! I spent hours trying to solve this bug... I almost deleted my secure folder... 
Thank you very much!!! 

MRREEsE
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

My Goodness thanks much. setting mine up, a couple things went hiding but the power of research goes a long way. The manage conversation categories to set my specific app sounds almost started a riot but found the answer to that as well rather quickly after trying to figure it out for a moment, this goes a long way and i will help the next

pride_kr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Man, That really worked!!! Thank you a lot!!!

0 Likes