Original topic:

Can't customize New AOD

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
DrMuhaha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's really upsetting that Samsung took away the feature to customize Always On Display. On my Note 10 Plus, I was able to add a picture, customize the date, and time. Now, I can't do that on my S24. Since when Samsung started locking down features and customizable settings for our phones? I thought Samsung was better than Apple for allowing users the freedom to express themselves. I hope the next update Samsung can give us back that feature. 
2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
The AoD by default mimics the lockscreen, so changes to the lockscreen will reflect on the AoD. You can also download the goodlock app from the galaxy store and install the clockface and the lockstar modules to restore previous customization and add new customizations like a completely custom clock. Note that although goodlock is developed by goodlock studios, which is actually an internal samsung development team. Some people see that and are concerned it's a random 3rd party.
DrMuhaha
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Why should I have to download an extra app (and do these extra steps)when I didn't have to do that before? My current lockscreen is a video clip I had on my Note 10 lockscreen. Why can't Samsung push an update that includes the AOD features I'm asking for? Why take away something from the users that was working just fine?
0 Likes