Original topic:

Something went wrong. Try again later.

(Topic created: 03-09-2024 12:54 AM)
Cam-I-am
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've had the Samsung24 plus for less than a month,  upgraded from the S21 plus and so far I hate it.  The feel of the phone, the bloatware, the AI that just interferes and messes things up instead of being helpful.  

Since the March 2024 update my phone isn't working properly.  I suddenly couldn't get calls from iPhone (which my kids and boss have)   and I would try to send messages to iPhone and they would swirl at me.  I would have to restart my phone for the phone to work again.  

Now,  at random moments.... in messages, scrolling through settings,  unlocking the secure folder after restart.... I get an error message bubble that shows up briefly at the bottom of the phone telling me "Something went wrong.  Try again later."

I spent significant time on the phone with Verizon tech service and they had me reset network settings,  and then all settings,  and then mirrored my phone and messed around in it,  and they told me it was a glitch through them and they fixed it,  but it's still doing it; not quite as bad, but still happening. 

I see lots of people having problems and errors with their Samsungs, starting with S23, and especially with messaging and trying to communicate with iPhone, so I'm wondering if it's just an inherent malfunction in Samsung?

I have been devoted to Samsung for a decade but $1,000 for a phone that I can't trust and is glitching with no remedy is enough to turn me to a different brand.  

If anyone knows of anything,  please let me know.  I've cleared messaging cache, ran virus scans, did system file cleaners that came with the phone (no 3rd party download).  The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset. 

14 Replies
user4bV8z4pZqG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am randomly getting the same error code as well. Following for answers!
DKrajew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm also receiving the same error message did the same steps as you have but it didn't help. Still have yet to try factory set.
sendo427
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried resetting the sms app that your using, I use Google's sms app then Samsungs sms app. Also have you tried turning on RCS and lastly maybe try resetting the partition, doesn't hurt to try
0 Likes
Cam-I-am
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

When Verizon was inside mirroring my phone, they did reset the messaging app, and it didn't help. Also, I was finding the error message came up, not only when I opened messages, but during random times... in settings, going to make a call... it didn't matter.  

Thank you for the response. 

Cam-I-am
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

To update... I contacted Verizon again, because it turns out the error message wasn't just popping up with messages.  I was also getting that error message when doing random things, like going into settings, or going to make a call.  That's a lot of problems having a phone about 2 weeks.  Verizon concluded it was a defective phone and I'm waiting for a new replacement to be sent to me.  FYI, apparently if I went through Samsung, they would only send me a refurbished phone in exchange for my brand new 2 week phone.  Not good service Samsung.  Verizon had me set up a different phone, and I had to send the new Samsung back, and them receive it, before they can send a replacement.  This whole thing has truly been a nightmare.  

I have to tell you, my boss let me use his old Iphone 12, and yes it's a pain in the **bleep**, but there is something to say for the fact that it works, and even after factory reset there is no bloatware.  I might not get a Samsung again after this experience.  Good bye Samsung.

userUf0Lz9qSFW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

How would you do the smart switch then 

0 Likes
Hmestoll
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Verizon sent me to Samsung and they fixed the issue, I just can't remember what we did and now I'm getting the pop up again... apparently it's a known issue with the 24's

0 Likes
userUf0Lz9qSFW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Me too 

0 Likes
userUf0Lz9qSFW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

SAMSUNG WE NEED ANSWERS