Original topic:

Can't make calls - even Emergency calls!

(Topic created: Friday)
Alibelleza
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a new Samsung S24+. I have to use WiFi Calling in my home since the cellular signal is so weak. Every so often (2x per week) I try to make a call and it is dead. I can't make a call or an emergency call to go through. I am in the Wifi area and even if I move around no calls go through.

After many calls with AT&T and Spectrum, it seems the issue with my service is IPv6. I was told to use IPv4 and that this would not happen. But, Spectrum is telling me to go buy a router because they can't change theirs to just IPv4.

Does anyone know if switching to an IPv4 Protocol Router would even fix this issue?
2 Replies
DatboiSpiff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
If you updated your phone recently, it was the update. I have an S22 Ultra, I updated to One Ui 6.1 and my phone has been a paperweight since. Can't connect to service if I'm inside any building. Can only use wifi. Doesn't seem like they're going to fix it either, they just keep blaming the carrier or 3rd party interference. I can't believe I'm considering switching to iPhone.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Take your problem to your carrier. They are responsible for your calling capabilities and performance.
0 Likes