Original topic:

message sync issue

(Topic created: Thursday)
dukedoobie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Edit: I had to reset the network settings. Problem solved.

I received my phone and everything was working fine... calls and messages were sending and receiving. Then I started tinkering with all of the settings. I then noticed my text messages were getting deleted as soon as I hit send. The messages were sending and getting to the recipient, but no record shows that. They will send a message and I will get notified, but when I open the app, nothing. just the message where I left off. To top it off, one person messaged me and I could see it and message back with the chat log saved, but they do not appear at the top of the dm main menu.... I have to search for them to find them.

I was moving back and forth between the Samsung message app and Google message app to see which one I like. I am thinking that might have something to do with it. I disabled the google message app and restarted. I got notifications, but still no messages in the log other than that one person I spoke of.

I feel like there is a sync issue. Any ideas on how to solve this?

6 Replies
redfyre39
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This happened to me the other day too really weird.
dukedoobie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Did it resolve itself?
0 Likes
redfyre39
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Pretty sure it didn't cause sometimes my bf be like he texted me but I never did receive we are sitting there arguing cause of an issue quite the raggedy ssa phone.
dukedoobie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same šŸ™ƒšŸ« 
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Switching between the two messaging apps shouldn't cause this. I dont know what would. But the best way to evaluate which one you like better would be to use one for a period of time and then the other for about the same period. Not constantly switch between them.
BabyDogMomma
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had a lot of problems with my S21 original texting app as well and ended up just using Google messaging as my default.
0 Likes