JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can the AI be turned off?

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 11:18 AM)
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off all this AI stuff they have put in the phone? I'm not really interested in using it or having it running in the background, collecting my data. I have real privacy concerns. Does anybody know. I pro-ordered, but am thinking about canceling the order... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello everyone, We understand wanting to disable all the AI features on the phone. You can absolutely do this! However, you would need to do these individually. You can go to Settings > Advanced Features > Advanced Intelligence and then select each item (Phone, Keyboard, Interpreter, Notes, Voice Recorder, etc.) and ensure it is toggled off.

There is also an option to toggle on to process all data on the device locally, giving some of the AI features while keeping all data on the phone itself.

View solution in context

15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
This is exactly why I chose to keep my 23U. I'll be interested as well if they try to cram all that down my current phone's throat.
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
It will be coming to the 23 in a few months
Options
Galaxy S24
Then I'll either root this phone, or I'll trade it in for something else entirely.
Memoria79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Any smartphone will collect your data, whether AI or not.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Agreed. Data collection has been going on way before now, and I personally believe that AI has been around doing sketchy stuff for a while now. The industry is just now dressing it up to make it seem fun and appealing. It is what it is; I don't want to live in a state of unending paranoia, so I plan to make the best of it.
Memoria79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Very true. As long as you are connected, all is exposed. Didn't you notice that when you talk about something, I mean actually speaking with someone, let's say about buying a car, and then all the ads coming up to you are about car offers?
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, but I change all my settings. I don't have Bixby or "OK Google" activity with voice and all that.
Memoria79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It doesn't matter. Information collection happens once you are connected. Google Chrome, social media, normal phone settings, all exchange information
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello everyone, We understand wanting to disable all the AI features on the phone. You can absolutely do this! However, you would need to do these individually. You can go to Settings > Advanced Features > Advanced Intelligence and then select each item (Phone, Keyboard, Interpreter, Notes, Voice Recorder, etc.) and ensure it is toggled off.

There is also an option to toggle on to process all data on the device locally, giving some of the AI features while keeping all data on the phone itself.