Original topic:

Disable or completely remove the Modes and Routines App

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 08:00 AM)
K2014
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have not found a way to disable or remove the Modes and Routines app. I tried the disable button on my phone as suggested in another thread  but the app keeps reactivating. Not happy about this app eating up my phone's storage and draining the battery. Plus it will not allow for the permissions to be changed. It tracks location. 

How do I disable or remove this app?

7 Replies
userQW9XHids24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Just like any other app. An easy way is to open the app, click recents, click the icon, click app info, scroll down to storage and click that, clear cache, clear data and then "maybe" the disable feature is accessible.

If the disable option isnt accessible, doing the above will just leave the app stagnant and you can put it into deep sleep or wait for the OS to do it on its own.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You don't have to use them you can't uninstall them, they are part of the OS. If you dont activate a mode or routine, they use no resources.
Options
Galaxy S24
Google package disabler pro for Samsung I've had it for 4 years and all my Samsung phones it's $2.99 and what it does disables all the bloatware I have that disabled all the Bixby stuff all disabled in other words it allows you to disable everything that can't be disabled in your device I love it yep called disabler pro they have awesome awesome support customer service everything you'll love it I have it on my s24 ultra and I can tell you right now it increases the battery probably about 40% with everything disabled
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You don't need to disable anything that's not active unless activated. Modes and Routines does absolutely nothing until you tell it to, nor does Bixby (although, I admit it should be disarmed so it's not accidentally activated).  Also, if you are trying to rid a device of so-called "bloatware", it's usually to free up space on your phone, which deactivating will not do.

Sapper6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Download Shizuku, Unlock developer options, Enable wireless debugging, pair shizuku with phone. Download Shizutools, Make sure shizuku is running, Open shizuku click remove bloatware, Scroll to modes and routines and uninstall it. Shizuku takes care of the privileges you will need to remove the app.
0 Likes
Sapper6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Correction Shizutools is where the remove bloatware feature is not Shizuku
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I wouldn't take any advice to use third party, unknown, software to mess with your operating system if you want your phone to continue working. Just ignore modes and routines if you don't use them and they won't affect anything on your phone. There may come a day when you will want/need to use a routine for something. Routines can be quite useful when you create one.

0 Likes