Original topic:

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be?

(Topic created: a week ago)
Duny
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does anyone know when the S24 update will be? Someone knows when the S24 to 6.1.1 update will be. 

93 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Exactly the longer it takes, the fewer bugs it will have

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userw3CB5IxH8U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have no idea why or what.

it is long, since it is done and ready, but Samsung decided to hold it back for no real reason.

0 Likes
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Exactly. You have no idea.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Who told you it's ready? Answer, nobody. It's not ready.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Nobody said you're not going to get the update. When they have it ready for Beta, then it goes through its test procedure. Then you'll be able to get it.

You wouldn't want half baked updates do you? Because that would be another complaint. Meanwhile, wait in line with the pack.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

First and foremost, it looks like Google is having problems with Android 15, so that it wont be on their next flagship.  OneUI 7.0 Beta REQUIRES a finished version of Android 15, so there you go, a reason for the delay, it is not ready for that stage of development yet.

That is for the Beta people, as for One UI 6.1.1, this is ready, but only for flip and fold devices.  it is not ready for the S24 line as of yet, that is what we are waiting for.  You act like you are a software developer for Samsung, as you tell people that it is ready, and they are just being stingy.  Software developed for one device is not automatically compatible with another, even if they have similar hardware.  It is not ready for release, so it has not been released. Your speculation on the delay is comical and irrelevant.

Secondly, Bad customer service?  Is it bad customer service to not release something that has been tested?  Is it bad customer service to wait until a product is actually ready to release it?  I know it is 2024 where we get 30gb patches for Call Of Duty on day 1, because they released a product that was not ready, but wouldn't it be nice to see something released when it is actually ready?

FYI, you were not the only one to pay $1300 for your device.  That is what these devices cost, so stop all the "But I paid $1300 so I get preferential treatment!" BS  If you did not want to spend $1300 you could have gotten an A series device, YOU chose to spend that amount of money, and it is YOU who believes the company would bend over backwards for yet another person paying the price of admission.

0 Likes
Whpl50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
First of all I wasnt talking about 7.0 so read better. Second of all I expect the absolute best hardware and software experience possible when I pay a premium flagship device such as this and I expect to get updates asap. Thirdly I could care less about the AI stuff I care about software to improve the hardware ...like the camera. It's not that much different It shouldn't take that long it's the same **bleep** base they're just lazy
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

You tell me to read better when you clearly did NOT read paragraph 2?

" Second of all I expect the absolute best hardware and software experience possible when I pay a premium flagship device such as this and I expect to get updates asap."

You did not pay a premium.  you paid the same price as the rest of us, and the same price you would have paid for another brand.  This is entitlement at it's best.

"Thirdly I could care less about the AI stuff I care about software to improve the hardware ...like the camera. It's not that much different It shouldn't take that long it's the same **bleep** base they're just lazy" 

I never mentioned AI, at all.  I also do not care for it.  To you it is not much different, but YOU do not know what is going on internally.  Perhaps it is difficult to remove all the calls that determine if the phone is "flipped", or "folded" open? 

Bottom line, you do not develop this specific software, so YOU have no clue what could be causing the delay, but have no moral compass telling you to not go flaming a company for things you do not understand.

You are making demands based off of what you expected to receive, even though there was no promise made for this of any kind.

0 Likes
hmcfly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

So when is the s24 supposed  to get the update  to 6.1.1 seems like they keep delaying  it thanks 😊 

GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
At this moment, it's not sure when they will be releasing the update.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.