Original topic:

Duckduckgo app tracker shows apps embedded in apps that are trying to access my phone.

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Members_3X0tbOx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My app tracker shows embedded apps trying a access my phone for information. Does Knox stop these embedded mining apps?

0 Likes
2 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't believe Knox has that ability
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Does it tell you which apps are doing the "mining"?  You might want to get rid of those apps. If they are Samsung apps or apps you actually use, check the permissions the app has and figure out if it's necessary for those apps to have those permissions, remove permissions you don't think they need and see if your apps still function. It could be that some things that DDG finds as trackers and data miners are actually legit apps that require access to certain settings or information to function.  The most likely culprits for malware or true data mining are games.  I believe Malwarebytes protects against this, but I don't remember if that's a premium feature or the free version does it too. You can download it free from the Play store and try it out.  It's a very reasonable annual subscription price which encompasses up to 3 devices. The free version does not expire, it's just feature limited, but you get all the premium features for a limited amount of time as a free trial.

0 Likes