Original topic:

Enable RCS on Samsung messages

(Topic created: a month ago)
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey there, please re-enable RCS on Samsung messages on our phones. Not all of your customers want or like to use Google messages. 

Please consider this. 

Thanks. 
6 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry to say this, but Samsung Messages is being passed out on phones and being replaced with Google Messages. So they won't be bringing features back to it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ugh. I know. It's terrible. This was a hail mary post. Lol
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung stopped rcs support sometime ago on Samsung messages
0 Likes
MRREEsE
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Rcs still works for my carrier on samsung messages
0 Likes
skibik
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

If you don't like Google messages try the Verizon Messages+ app and see if that works for you. I used it for a while on my last phone(Motorola) for a while but switched back to Google messages. I don't recall why I switched back though. I remember trying Textra but I don't think it supports RCS.

0 Likes
MRREEsE
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I wonder why people keep saying that samsung messages is being phased out, doesn't seem true. The app is still available, there's been no statement on it being phased out either. I understand bringing Google/ android apps to the forefront but assessing that something is being phased out needs some sort of reference. It's misleading. Please link the reference for this statement if anyone can, so we all can know for sure?
0 Likes