Original topic:

Error: "camera failed" when trying to use..

(Topic created: 09-04-2024 04:45 AM)
notanastronot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Die hard apple fan just got their first Samsung phone; to no surprise this brand new $1,800.00, phone's camera refuses to operate. 

Can anyone of you kind Samsung-ites offer any assistance or advice? I've searched the web for answers and all I've been able to find is "check for updates" ... the phone is up to date and so brand new I haven't even activated the line yet....holding my iPhone for as long as I can---
4 Replies
Blakeercksn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is likely a manufacturer error. Either way, contact samsung support and let them know so they can fix it. Because it's brand new, it would be covered under warranty and won't cost anything. To get support, go to samsungs website. You can use this link to take you there, then click the blue chat bubble. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
That's really weird. Have you tried using the phone diagnostics in the Samsung Members app?Also have you sent an error report yet? When you do make sure you do it right after you get the error so it'll be able to send an accurate system log. Once you open the Members App at the bottom right go to support. There you'll see "Diagnostics". Scroll down and you'll see "Camera". Also under "Diagnostics" if you scroll all the way down you'll see "Error report". Just a quick tip before going to error report come back to this post and copy it so you can just paste it to save some time typing. 1725448072472.jpg1725448072516.jpg1725448072544.jpg1725448072569.jpg
notanastronot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you for your responses!!
I believe I managed to figure that out before creating this post. Although, while running the diagnostic tests, I did skip a couple of the tests. Do all of the diagnosis tests need to be run for a proper error report?

I must add-this samsung members only app is quite nifty! 1725449845009.jpg1725449845033.jpg
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Just the camera test should be sufficient. But to be thorough I'd 1st try opening the camera app, get the error, then do the diagnostics and finally send the error report.
0 Likes