Original topic:

Galaxy S24: Accidently poked the lower microphone with SIM ejector tool

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 08:45 AM)
Guard011
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey! So I accidentally poked the lower microphone of my samsung s24 with sim ejector tool as I was trying to put my sim inside the sim tray. I've been very worried since then if I have damaged my microphone or maybe the waterproof layer or any other technical stuff that's found there. If anyone with similar experience has some insight on this please respond.

Microphone is working fine i think, and i have read that you cant poke it because it is offset but when i have inserted the ejector tool i felt slight resistance and it was like i managed to pierce something. Is there need to worry about water resistance or something like that? Or even microphone working properly?

9 Replies
WhiteShack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You are golden. Mic is built at a 90 degree offset just for reasons like this. You didn't damage anything at all, what you felt was the tool forcing it's way thru the small hole.

I've done it on purpose just for testing results.
Guard011
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Omg, thanks a lot!!! Happy to hear i didnt ruin something inside the phone...

šŸ˜…šŸ˜šŸ™

zpm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, do you now if the top holes are built that way too to prevent punctures?

0 Likes
WhiteShack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
One hole up top is the microphone and it's built at a 90 degree. The second one is just an air hole for water to escape and to help remove any pressure on the inside of the phone.
Achilles_47
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

So it's like a L shape tube inside ?

0 Likes
Ashish Goswami
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks a ton,  I was worried too. Same thing happened with me.

0 Likes
zpm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you for your attention! I bought my first Samnsung S24 Ultra wich I'm in love with a couple weeks ago and the other day i saw this topic of people missing the Sim card holder hole and man this got stuck to my head šŸ˜… So no danger if accidentally any of the holes in the phone are poked? 

Guard011
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yea, sadly it had happened to me, i did research quite a bit and it seems that there is no harm done. I dont know if the same logic applies to all the holes on the phone, but if we are talking about the microphone hole at the bottom alongside the sim card hole, yea, no harm done if you accidentaly poke it šŸ˜„ But as the Laybal said, it is probably same design.

useryPFl7M958u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I would think that any phone built since the advent of SIM cards, if they were going to put a microphone hole right next to the SIM card ejector hole, they would make it impossible to **bleep** up the mic by making this mistake. Full disclosure I did that **bleep** too on my s24 and I'm an IT professional. However, as an IT professional who spends much of his ltime problem solving and troubleshooting, counting on "I would think" is far from a guarantee that it's true. šŸ™‚
0 Likes