Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Google Maps GPS issue (SM-S921B/DS)

(Topic created: a week ago)
Galaxy S24

I am encountering a persistent issue with GPS signal loss when using Google Maps. This problem is specific to Google Maps, as other navigation apps function correctly. I've noticed that other users are experiencing the same issue. My Google Maps app is always updated, yet the problem persists. I have reported this through the "Feedback" section within the app, but the issue remains unresolved.

I do not believe this is a hardware problem, as the GPS works briefly after restarting the device before losing the signal again. Other GPS-dependent apps work fine, but Google Maps shows delayed movement updates and displays "Location accuracy is low" when tapping the blue location dot. Additionally, when initiating a route, the signal is completely lost, and the location fails to update. However, the compass functions accurately.

For context, I am using a global model S24 (SM-S921B/DS), manufactured on March 1, 2024. I am unsure if this issue affects other variants, such as those with Qualcomm SoCs or the S24 Ultra. I suspect this is likely a software issue rather than hardware-related. If any other users have experienced this issue, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences, solutions, or workarounds.

Software Info: S921BXXS3AXGD, THL CSC, Location Always-on, App can access location in the background.. 

GPS Info:

ea106b593c464f0aad5fb72dd578e3b9.jpeg

12 Replies
poltato02
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this same issue today, I got lost several times, the gps location was failing every moment and could find my way to the place and coming back home, I got an Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
0 Likes
Disappointe_user
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My wife and i bought two Samsung S 24 plus and the gps didn't worked with Google map orde Waze. It's a complete disaster! We never had these problems with the S20.
0 Likes
costumer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok.
0 Likes