Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra - Gallery App Issues

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 06:47 AM)
Members_ekPmFSY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I just upgraded from a S23 Ultra to a S24 Ultra, and transferred all my data over. Now whenever I open my Gallery app and scroll to the albums that start with the letter M, my app minimizes out. I tried clearing data and cache, and un-installed the latest update and yet this issue continues.

Is anyone else having issues using the Samsung Gallery app?

11 Replies
loudd2v
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I noticed that when I did it, I used Smart Switch, but there were some things that didn't work right, like specific app notification sounds. They were all just the default sound. For the Wallet app, I just factory reset and restored a backup from my S23 Ultra, and it was fine.
loudd2v
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
However, I noticed in my gallery app that there were several cloud icons that would not load the photos.
readyjanson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

As of my last update in January 2022, I can't provide specific details about the Galaxy S24 Ultra or any issues related to its Gallery app, as it's beyond that timeline.

However, if you're experiencing issues with the Gallery app on your Galaxy S24 Ultra, here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. **Restart Your Device:**
Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches or temporary issues.

2. **Clear Cache and Data:**
Go to Settings > Apps > Gallery > Storage, then select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data." This action will clear any temporary files and reset the app to its default state.

3. **Update the Gallery App:**
Ensure that your Gallery app is updated to the latest version available. You can check for updates in the Google Play Store under "My apps & games."

4. **Check for System Updates:**
Make sure your device's operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, system updates include bug fixes and performance improvements that can address issues with apps like the Gallery.

5. **Check Storage Space:**
Insufficient storage space can cause issues with the Gallery app. Ensure that you have enough free space on your device by deleting unnecessary files or apps.

6. **Check Permissions:**
Verify that the Gallery app has the necessary permissions to access your photos and media files. You can check app permissions in Settings > Apps > Gallery > Permissions.

7. **Try Another Gallery App:**
If the issue persists, consider using an alternative gallery app from the Google Play Store to see if the problem is specific to the default Gallery app.

8. **Factory Reset:**
As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your device to revert it to its original state. Make sure to back up your important data before proceeding with a factory reset, as it will erase all data on your device. SASSA Status Check 2024

If none of the above steps resolve the issue with the Gallery app on your Galaxy S24 Ultra, you may want to reach out to Samsung customer support for further assistance or consider visiting a Samsung service center for a professional diagnosis and repair.

0 Likes
Kiri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yep.....I just got the S24 Ultra yesterday, and there's this one album that keeps closing the app. I have no clue why.

0 Likes
ricardorp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The same thing happens to me. 

0 Likes
userjXHwxA3bZb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having a different issue. For 4-5 years I have managed my father's caregivers by taking a screenshot of a free monthly calendar then using the editing tools in Gallery to add a text box with the caregiver's initials in the days that the caregiver would be with my dad. Since you can only add 10 text boxes at a time, I do 10 then save, which allows me to do 10 more. After I do the 2nd set of 10 text boxes, I save then add the last 10 boxes and save. I can then send that calendar to all the caregivers and my siblings. Never had a problem until I started the one for April 2024. After adding the 1st ten boxes, I saved it then started the next 10- but Gallery wouldn't let me add anymore. No matter how many times I saved, or even if I shut my phone completely down then tried to pick up where I left off, I still can't do more text boxes. I'm at a loss- how do I fix this? Tried Samsung technical support and was told to contact App support, who then told me to contact Technical support. I need help!
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Why not just add the initials as an all-day event to your phone calendar then take a screen shot of it?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
userjXHwxA3bZb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I use my phone calendar for all of my appointments, my father's appointments, and the days & time I keep my grandbaby, among other things. Here's a screenshot of my calendar for this month. There's no way to put the caregivers on there- it's pretty full already.1712170844813.jpg
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Not sure if this would help any ...

cwinkler_0-1712180789839.png

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes