Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra can't connect to 6Ghz Band for Wifi

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:28 AM)
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all,

I picked up my S24 Ultra today and realised that it could not detect nor connect to my Wifi 7 Asus RT-BE96U's 6Ghz band. The Wifi 7 tab on the phone is enabled and I tried solutions which worked on the S21-23 Ultras such as disabling Switch to better Wi-Fi networks in Intelligent Wi-Fi as well as enabling Wi-Fi Safe Mode in Developer mode but still no dice.

I've sent feedback to Samsung tech support via Members but was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem with the S24 Ultra not detecting their Wifi 6e/7 routers' 6Ghz bands and if they've found some way to resolve the issue?

Endlezzdrifter
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How? I'm having this issue too
0 Likes
AliMoukdad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've seen a lot of comments on the app about this issue! I honestly thought it was my router., but there is no way because all my other equipment works really fine
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having a slightly different issue on my RT-BE96U. It'll randomly say "connected without internet" when the 802.11be connection moves to the 5ghz or 2.4ghz band and my phone sits with the screen off for a bit. Cycling my wifi off and on from my phone reestablishes the connection.

Another strange thing is that if I connect via wifi 7 initially, then lose connection to the 6ghz band, it'll stay on the 802.11be protocol on the 5ghz band, but if I cycle my wifi off and back on, it'll connect via 802.11ax (wifi 6) until the 6ghz band is strong enough. Then it connects back to 802.11be and stays on wifi 7 regardless of band switching.

I submitted a bug report for the "connected without internet" issue to Samsung.
Options
Galaxy S24
@rtwz are you using smart connect or do you have each band on it's own SSID?

Can you use an app like Wifi Analyzer or WifiMan to see if you can see the 6ghz connection at all?
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Nope. I've separate SSIDs for the three bands.

Anyways, Samsung Tech Support is pretty clueless about the 6Ghz band. Kept assuming that the S24U couldn't connect to WiFi at all even after telling them 3 times that it's just WiFi 6e/7 that's affected.

Meanwhile, I think I've found a workaround to the problem. In the Asus WebGUI, manually select the channels for the 6Ghz band and also disable the PSC (Preferred Scanning Channel) feature. Bit of trial and error but channels below 90 seem to work for me.

Options
Galaxy S24
Wifi 6e 1706605400923.jpg
0 Likes
VictorTC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem, I have a network with Ruijie Access Points model RG-RAP73HD and it doesn't even connect in the Wi-Fi 7 protocol in 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, much less detects the 6Ghz band.

I raised a case with customer service and they told me that they escalated it with the technical area, but it's been 5 days since this and I still don't have a response.

I have seen in several forums that this is disabled and that only with a firmware update where it is not disabled.

0 Likes
RFNAPLES
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue with eeros max 7
Tecnogamer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same exact issue, my wifi 7 router and 6HZ connection works fine with my iPhone 15pro but not with s24U. Connects for a bit but disconnects and does not want to reconnect. It's weird.

0 Likes
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

You could try manually selecting channels for the 6Ghz band. That was a temporary workaround for me with my router's 6Ghz SSID now visible and the S24U able to establish a stable link to it. Tried playing a 12K video at 120fps and it was smooth, no stuttering.

0 Likes