Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Ultra can't connect to 6Ghz Band for Wifi

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:28 AM)
rtwz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi all,

I picked up my S24 Ultra today and realised that it could not detect nor connect to my Wifi 7 Asus RT-BE96U's 6Ghz band. The Wifi 7 tab on the phone is enabled and I tried solutions which worked on the S21-23 Ultras such as disabling Switch to better Wi-Fi networks in Intelligent Wi-Fi as well as enabling Wi-Fi Safe Mode in Developer mode but still no dice.

I've sent feedback to Samsung tech support via Members but was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem with the S24 Ultra not detecting their Wifi 6e/7 routers' 6Ghz bands and if they've found some way to resolve the issue?

38 Replies
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree. Band separation seems to yield better results for me too. Especially if you have other devices like smart home devices that only support 2.4g.
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Do ip reservation and set it to that network. Turn smartswitch of is another way
0 Likes
Cambotar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a solution for the "my phone sees a wifi7 networks but when connected it shows wifi6 icon" issue
You have to see WPA settings on the router to WPA3 or WPA2/WPA3. the wifi network security key has to be WPA3 in order for the phone to connect to the wifi7 standard (this goes for 2.4 and 5GHz). for 6GHz the only option is WPA3 or open.

I still cant find a solution to my phone not seeing the 6GHz network (S24U), my PC sees it just fine and connects to it. 

Jagp3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the samw issue. Whe. I got the phone and started initial set up the phone connected just right and flawless to 6E network with atrong signal all around my apartment. When I downloaded and installed the screen vividnes update and the phone rebooted wifi 6E was gone. No wifi 6ghz available in the phone. But my laptop and another 6e devices at home are working connected to 6e/6ghz. I have tried a lot of workaround without luck. Factory reset to phone and routers. My routers are the Tp Link Deco XE75 Pro Mesh 2 pack. Nothing is working. Hopefully they will fix it in a future update. But seeing that this is an unsolved problem yet for older generations S23u, s22u I have a bad feeling. Other than that. The phone works good with wifi 6 2.4/5ghz. But hey! I want 6ghz 

1000014685.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
user0q5dlZ6spb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I had a s23 ultra and it work pick up my print over wifi at work and ever since I upgraded to the s24 ultra it will not work it's frustrating can anyone help
0 Likes
bondarenkod
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm facing the same issue with both my S24U and UniFi U7 Pro AP: my smartphone refuses to switch frequencies to connect to the WiFi 7 network and remains on WiFi 6. Currently, WPA3 is only enabled on my primary AP network. Despite setting up a network exclusively for WiFi 7, it fails to appear in my smartphone's list of available WiFi networks. Intriguingly, there were brief moments when the WiFi icon on my phone displayed the number ā€˜7ā€™, indicating a successful connection to WiFi 7, but these instances were fleeting, and it quickly reverted back to WiFi 6. This is particularly frustrating because I can see the ā€˜7ā€™ next to the network name; however, upon connecting, my device continues to stick to WiFi 6.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 152218.png

0 Likes
userpT1aEu6qoA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm another one with the same problem, also using an S24 Ultra and Unifi U7 Pro.
0 Likes
Jack Pan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here with U7 Pro

0 Likes
khushalvekariya
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you get solution for this?

I just installed TP-Link Archer BE24000 and my S24Ultra doesn't display the 6G network. 

0 Likes