Original topic:

Galaxy S24 choppy scrolling / S24 scrolling is lagging.

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 01:01 PM)
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I have noticed that scrolling on my S24 is really choppy, and it looks like I am using a low-end smartphone. Me and a friend purchased similar devices, and I can see that his phone has smoother scrolling compared to mine. I have reset it four times, hoping that it was an issue with a software setting or that my previous settings might have been the cause. But it seems like there is an issue with hardware.

Iridium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It takes an update or two before they fix the majority of bugs in their new phones Ferose. Whenever you preorder a phone or purchase it right when it becomes available to the general public you automatically enroll in the "Find All The Bugs For Us" Samsung Galaxy beta program...šŸ˜Š. The quickest way for them to resolve a problem is when they get a boatload of error reports with system logs that help them pinpoint the cause of an issue.
0 Likes
dntuno
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Me also..I just a skip or jump in my scrolling when I first start to touch the screen
0 Likes
s24Disappointed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Anybody found a fix for this? I switched from an iPhone to a s24 and this scrolling issue is extremely frustrating. How is it that such an important feature of a touch device can be this bad? Is this a common issue for Samsung devices or Android in general? I have tried all the suggestions and the scrolling issue still occurs in every app on my phone.
0 Likes
Aotake
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Try disabling 5G.

0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem. Sent to samsung and they said they couldnt find any problem with my phone. Its intermittent. I went back to my galaxy a54 for now because i am waiting for a new tempered glass protector since i tore the one on it off when i sent it in. It is Indeed Really ANNOYING
0 Likes
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm attaching a reply that I received for my error report.1709885630649_1709885630637_0.jpg
0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I got same reply
0 Likes
bcamp55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a similar issue with the S24. Sent into Samsung twice for them to try to repair, which they couldn't so they sent me a replacement phone which I just received. Unfortunately, I am still seeing the same issue with the choppy scrolling, which appears to happen when the phone is connected to a mobile network. 

0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Scrolling jittery on and off. Like if refresh rate were at 30hz . Sent to samsung said it was fine. My former phone (a54) scrolls smoother . Obviously there is a problem but they dont want to do anything about it. Had galaxy ever since the first one came out on tmobile. Time to switch to iphone.
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Is screen smoothness set to adaptive? Is it phone or site. Are you using vpn or ad blocker.
0 Likes