Original topic:

Galaxy S24 choppy scrolling / S24 scrolling is lagging.

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 01:01 PM)
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I have noticed that scrolling on my S24 is really choppy, and it looks like I am using a low-end smartphone. Me and a friend purchased similar devices, and I can see that his phone has smoother scrolling compared to mine. I have reset it four times, hoping that it was an issue with a software setting or that my previous settings might have been the cause. But it seems like there is an issue with hardware.

rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes screen smoothness is set to adaptive. The problem almost feels like adaptive mode shuts off but not as bad as normal 30 hz mode. I've noticed that screen slightly brightens before refresh rate performance drops but i also have adaptive brightness off.
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning ram plus off to see if related.
0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok will try that thankyou. I have sent to samsung but they sent it right back saying there was no problem. I told them it happens intermittently and sometimes for a few seconds other times for a few minutes.
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
From what I find they think it may be software issues. Not only samsung though as most programs have not been modified to be 100% compatible with android 14. Samsung will update anything they find.
0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope so. Its not as bad as if i turned off adaptive smoothness but its pretty close and thing is its very annoying. Wouldnt expect that from a flagship. I had an A54 before this and i never had any problems with it. Been using galaxy since the first one came out on Tmobile.
0 Likes
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I think other brands are having same. It is android 14.
0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Tried it. Still having same intermittent problem. Samsung doesnt want to do anything .
0 Likes
Aotake
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Exactly same issue. The screen brightens and gets warmer and start to drop frames when connected to certain 5G network. Currently you can only disable 5G to get rid of this issue. I've been reporting this issue since I got my Galaxy S24 back to January. Nothing changed after 2 months. What a shame for such a big company.

0 Likes
Mckenzic
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am experiencing the same error, when I activate 3G and restart it does not appear anymore, in 4G and 5G it starts to cause the problem. Are you using physical sim or e-sim?

0 Likes
rs25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Refresh rates randomly drop very often. Scrolling is jittery. Sent to samsung and they said nothing is wrong with it.