Original topic:

Galaxy S24 ultra SFC 2.0 active but slow charging !

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
jowzf97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

im using a galaxy s24 ultra with a BASEUS 140W charger with it's cable ( also rated for 140w charging )

when i plug the cable the phone says it's super fast charging 2.0 ( even when i check battery settings while chartging it says sfc 2.0) but when i check accubattery i find out that it's only charging at 12w ALWAYS. it dosent matter what battery percentage i was on, it does the same when i have 15% battery or 80% battery, it just dosent go over 12w even if the SFC 2.0 is working.

i tried toggling on / off fast charging, tried disabling battery protection and adaptive battery. still, the same problem persists.

the brick im using is from a known brand too, and i tried it with other xiaomi phones and it charges at 100W no problem, it even powers my laptop thats 140w. so there is no problem with it.

any solutions would be appreciated. 

thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you run a diagnostic on the phone's charging port?  Have you tried any other charger with this phone? Your charger may be a known brand, but perhaps your phone just does not like it.

jowzf97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I did run diagnostics, it says it's ok. I also tried my other xiaomi charger thats 33w, it charges tge phone too at 12w.

Do i HAVE to buy their 45w charger for it to go over 12w ?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I honestly don't know, but maybe.  My A54 only does super fast charging on the Samsung charger that came with my S10.  On any other charger it says it's fast charging, but not super fast (the connection sound is different.)  I usually only charge my phone when I'm sleeping, so it doesn't matter to me whether it's slow or fast charging. On average, depending on the battery level when I plug it in, it usually says it will take an hour or more to charge fully.  If I'm out and about, I have a power pack with me, so I can at least top off my charge quickly enough if it's running low.  I usually do not charge unless I'm below 30% and still want to use my phone.

So, if you had a previous recent model of Samsung from when they still came with a charger, try finding and using that charger, and see if charging improves.  As I understand it, though, the chargers have to have a USB C connection to be super fast charge.  So even if your charger and cable are rated at 45 watts, you are not actually getting that if the connection is USB to USB C. The fastest you will get would probably be 20 watts for fast, but not super fast charging.

0 Likes
mike1992
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
You might have to go to battery settings and look there and see if super fast charging is on
0 Likes
jowzf97
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

It is on

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Probably because it's not an official Samsung charger
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Had bought a generic from TEMU a while back that I had not tried yet. I just tried it now, and it went to super fast charging. It did have the USB C output connection, so you can use the cable that came with the phone. Also, I did notice that the charger (regardless of the wattage), should have the lightning bolt on it.

20240721_170731_1000070290_1721596052.jpg20240721_170801_1000070291_1721596083.jpg

0 Likes