(Topic created: 04-09-2024 09:29 PM)
SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Verizon Galaxy S24 Ultra Model : SM-S928U
Build: UP1A.231005.007.S928USQU1AXCB
Version: 14 All updates are current. 
I have been unable to enable the Gallery Labs and now the MyFolder Labs as well. I cleared the Cache and Data in the Gallery and tried again with no luck. I promise I have been trying the proper way. Gallery >Settings >About Gallery >Repetitive tapping on Version 15.1. 03.12 I did get the notification in the Grey popup letting me know I was being a good boy then... nothing. The Labs have not shown up in both the Gallery and the MyFolder applications. I do have the Labs in the Wi-Fi and of course Advanced Features. Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@SteveInNC To enable Labs in My Files, you repeatedly click the words "My Files" on the About My Files page. You don't click the version number. 

{Edit} On my S23 Ultra I have the same version of Gallery 15.1.03.12. After tapping the version number I saw the text that Labs was going to be enabled, but it isn't showing up. My Fold 5 has the same version of Gallery and Labs IS showing. Looks like something weird is going on. 

[Another update] I guess you need to click the version number in Gallery pretty quickly and for quite a while. I finally got Labs to show up on my S23 Ultra. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@SteveInNC To enable Labs in My Files, you repeatedly click the words "My Files" on the About My Files page. You don't click the version number. 

{Edit} On my S23 Ultra I have the same version of Gallery 15.1.03.12. After tapping the version number I saw the text that Labs was going to be enabled, but it isn't showing up. My Fold 5 has the same version of Gallery and Labs IS showing. Looks like something weird is going on. 

[Another update] I guess you need to click the version number in Gallery pretty quickly and for quite a while. I finally got Labs to show up on my S23 Ultra. 

SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I did click the where you're saying to in my folders and I have clicked in the right spot in the gallery probably 80 or 90 times
0 Likes
SteveInNC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Woo-hoo! Just got a MyFolder update and after I applied it, everything worked as it should. Thank you @LongHiker for your suggestions.