Original topic:

Google Maps/Google Play System Issues

(Topic created: yesterday)
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
***Update**** looks like I've managed to *fix the crashing* for now. All I did was uninstall the most recent Google Maps Update and it seems to be opening with no problem at all (not sure if it was colliding with the recent Google Play System Update, but there's my theory)!

Hello, hope you guys are well!
I was wondering if anyone else has updated their phone today and also done the Google Play System Update and had some issues with Google Maps?
I have to go into Google play System app and clear cache to get it to open once and then back to not launching Maps. 
Not sure how else to get it to work! 

Google Maps being frozen

Clearing Cache

This happens whenever I click on Clear Data

And the current Google Play System Update 

15 Replies
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Hopefully I can! I just did the update earlier today on this device (which I forgot to clarify which I had šŸ˜… the S24U), also did the System Update as well, and after that it just didn't want to be used šŸ˜…
Thank you for giving me hope that it's still working!
Options
Galaxy S24
You're welcome!
0 Likes
xIEthanHuntIx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same phone, so I will try to replicate the issue. If I am successful, I will let you know. I am going to create an APK backup of both applications so that if the issue does occur, I can at least restore from my backup. I will also provide you with the backups so that you can hopefully get them back up and running as they should be. I also recommend using applications that can save and store APK backups for all your applications in case something goes wrong when you are modifying them.
0 Likes
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay, please let me know your findings!
I've also uninstalled and installed again, still opens once and then it crashes
0 Likes
CesarF
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I think I managed to get it to work!
I uninstalled the most recent update and it seems to be working now!
0 Likes
TokyoRain
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Had the same issue. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get this stop
0 Likes