Original topic:

Google Messaging App

(Topic created: yesterday)
Members_qo4qc0Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a new S24+ that is using Google Messaging app.  It used to be when I wanted to compose a message there was an entry in Contacts for Groups.

When I first got the phone I created a Family group but now every time I want to send a message this app asks me for the names all over again and wants me to create a group.

I already have a group but don't know how to assign this group to my new text message.  I don't get an option in the contacts search bar inside the messaging app just a list of all my contacts.    

If i type Family in the search bar nothing comes up.

I also tried going into my contacts and trying to create a message but that didn't work either.

0 Likes
5 Replies
JesserX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Had similar issues. Switched back to the native messaging app and everything is fine. Google messages isn't group chat or deleted messages recovery friendly
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I have no problem with group chat in Google messages, (except that it exists at all). As for deletex messages, don't drlete them, archive them. Then you don't see them unless you look for/need them.
0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes i use samsung messages. Im not a big fan of the google messages. Its much better .
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
If you click on the search icon, you can find it.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
If you go to the group in contacts in the phone app, you can click on the 3-dot menu and select "send message", your message app will open with the group participants already established. If you start from the message app, you will have to create your group and select your participants.
0 Likes