JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart phone to make calls

(Topic created: 07-15-2024 08:45 PM)
userVCWHo2CqY9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I actually had this problem in my Galaxy S21, and I thought it was the phone. So, I got the S24 Ultra. And now the problem is on this phone, as well.

Often, I will try to make a call, but when I hit send, it drops the call. I'll restart the phone, and it will work.
53 Replies
CyborgQueen211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup. Tried that already, and restarting the phone. No change.
0 Likes
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Try a network reset
From setting>General management>Reset>Reset mobile network settings
0 Likes
skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That usually happens if you are in a place with bad service or your phone is not connected to the service properly, that's why when you call it tries to connect the call but it takes a long time and when receiving calls you only see it later due to this problem
0 Likes
CyborgQueen211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This is happening in my home with full bars.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Take your problem to your carrier. They are responsible for your phone calls and messaging working properly.
0 Likes
CyborgQueen211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
They say all is good and refused to let me escalate anymore.
0 Likes
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Assuming that you have an unlocked phone, maybe it's time for you to look for another carrier.
0 Likes
Alexs1993
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Edit: I have the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra through AT&T

Is anyone else experiencing issues when trying to place a call? Specifically, when I try to place a call, anywhere, the call hangs up immediatelyafter dialing. I've turned off wifi calling thinking this might be the issue but it's not. So far the only solution I found is restarting my phone. This happens almost daily
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Im having the same issue on Verizon hit the call button and instantly hang ups 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

Not having that issue with my S24U on US Cellular. If it were me, I would go back to my carrier and have them help sort it out.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4