JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

can't use Samsung video calls S24

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 07:52 AM)
moonflower2019
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I just bought an S24 unlocked phone, and I have Mint Mobile service. I'm not able to use Samsung video calls. The feature isn't even showing up on my phone. How do I get it on my phone? I've called Samsung, and they said it has to do with my network. I called Mint Mobile, and they said it has to do with Samsung. Can someone please help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@moonflower2019 There is no longer a Samsung one. That is why Samsung worked with Google to integrate Meet. 

One other integrated alternative is to get a carrier locked phone and use the carrier video calling app. Unfortunately those often work only with other users of that carrier. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@moonflower2019 For some time, Samsung and Google have worked together to integrate Google Meet into the Samsung system as the video calling system. If you don't have Google Meet on your phone, you can install it. 

0 Likes
moonflower2019
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I want to switch from a voice call to a video call. I don't want to use a 2nd app. I spend 800 on a phone and I should be able to have this feature
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
What @LongHiker said, you have to install Google Meet.

When you open your phone dialer and tap on a contact, in order to place a video call, you have to tap on the icon I circled. If it is not there, you need to download Google Meet.

Google is the owner of the Android platform, and Samsung has to abide by Googles rules.1712420109082.jpg
moonflower2019
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't want to use Google meet. I want the samsung one. I very tempted to return my phone.
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@moonflower2019 There is no longer a Samsung one. That is why Samsung worked with Google to integrate Meet. 

One other integrated alternative is to get a carrier locked phone and use the carrier video calling app. Unfortunately those often work only with other users of that carrier. 

yeop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats not true since it still works on other phones. Samsung should be sued over this. People should not have to be forced to use Google video calls just because they bought an unlocked phone. I have bought 5 unlocked phones and 3 had the Samsung video call built in and still work. Its just the 2 new unlocked ones I bought that you have to use Google duo or meet
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you tell me which phones those are? Older unlocked phones had it. Do the model numbers all end in U1 or do some end in U?
If they end in U they are only carrier unlocked devices but not true U1 unlocked devices.
0 Likes