Original topic:

In OneUI 6.1, what does sorting "by priority" mean?

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 11:42 PM)
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

What's does sorting "by priority" mean if we can't even prioritize our notifications by conversations, SMS, social media apps, etc???

How is the "priority" being set? And how can I change it to the way I want my notifications to be prioritized? 

I understand sorting "by time", so please don't give me that as an answer. That's just sorting by time, but not by different levels of priority (that I should be able to set the priority of. But how?)

13 Replies
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Well priority means more or most important
0 Likes
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I understand that. But how is that priority being decided? If OneUI is deciding what is priority for me, then that's a terrible decision on Samsung's part because everyone prioritizes different notifications. So it would be best to give the user the ability to decide the priority levels. I loved when conversations were prioritized at the top and had their own space, I'm still not happy that Samsung took that out for no reason.
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes that is terrible, That should be our decision and not samsung decision
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I'm hoping that it's just something they have to turn on for it to show or some setting I'm not seeing
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I never even used that before as a matter of fact this is my first time seeing this
0 Likes
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I only recently saw "sort notifications" as well and saw "by priority". So I was hoping that we would have the ability to adjust priority levels as well, but it seems it's set by the OneUI software 😕
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Android has different notification categories and these categories carry different priority levels. This is set by the OS.

I keep the setting set to priority as I like my messages sorted to the top vs when notifications came in based on time.

I hope this helped answer your question!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh is this OS setting across the board for all of Android phones or just on Samsung's phones and their android skin OneUI?

I keep it in priority as well because it's slightly more organized than sorting by time. But it doesn't properly prioritize the order. Like I have WhatsApp, discord, SMS, and other messages apps at the top. But other times, they'll just be scattered all over the notifications area. Sometimes, they can be all the way at the bottom. The inconsistency of placement and the lack of organized broader grouping is pretty frustrating. Like imagine if you had a grouping for conversations, a grouping for game notifications, a grouping for social media apps (reddit, IG, Twitter, etc). I feel like that would be such an obvious and game changing way to have the notifications like that.

Thanks for the additional information and help tho!
0 Likes
StevieB017
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have Android Samsung s23 F23. It does have that choice, "by priority or by time ", but doesn't explain either.
0 Likes