Original topic:

In OneUI 6.1, what does sorting "by priority" mean?

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 05:55 PM)
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

What's does sorting "by priority" mean if we can't even prioritize our notifications by conversations, SMS, social media apps, etc???

How is the "priority" being set? And how can I change it to the way I want my notifications to be prioritized? 

I understand sorting "by time", so please don't give me that as an answer. That's just sorting by time, but not by different levels of priority (that I should be able to set the priority of. But how?)

13 Replies
pncfreedom2022
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The sort by "priority" option on notifications works like this. Your phone's OS over a short time recognizes which apps you open or use the most. When the OS has a list of apps that is used the most, then it categorizes those notifications as "most important" and those notifications come thru 1st as top priority. It's almost like your Samsung galaxy has a bit of artificial intelligence built into it. The notifications from apps that you rarely use or open are moved to the bottom of the priority list. The OS was designed to recognize your "app habits". Hope that helps.
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I see, this helps. How long does this have to categorize as "most important" before I start seeing it at the top? I've had the my s23 ultra since May 2023 and haven't noticed any improvement with the prioritization. Only worsening tbh
0 Likes
user8aHs7soqtN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
On my Note 10+, I could long press a notification and navigate to change the priority of that app's notifications. However, I cannot figure out how to do it on my S24 now.
WagyuA5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same, it's honestly pissing me off that it's been removed.
0 Likes