Original topic:

Inconsistent icon in phone dialer

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Why can't we have consistency in the user interface? For example, the video call icon in the phone dialer is not round, but everything else is.

20 Replies
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a real concern. I think all should be made square just to make sure they're not cutting corners.
Options
Galaxy S24
Good one šŸ˜€
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

That is something you would need to talk to your Carrier about since they are the ones that add those buttons to the Dialer.  If you had a unlocked device purchased directly from Samsung you don't have those buttons in the Dialer 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
It's an unlocked device SM-S928U1. It's not a carrier problem, but your own phone app problem. Also, the whole one UI has many inconsistencies. For example...

1. I set the button to be green color but when I go to the camera assistant setting, it remains blue
2. I adjusted the transparency of the notification background, but some would still be just white and opaque
3. Some widgets are transparent, but some are just opaque
4. Color of transparency of widgets and notification background never matches
5. If you select the shape of the icon in the themepark, then install a new app, and it would come to the default squircle

There are many more things. So please, instead of dissing it as a carrier problem, please acknowledge and try to pass these on to developers.
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
It's Google Meet, and it still doesn't justify this. Icon in the phone dialer is just a link to launch the app, which can be made circular if everything else is. All my icons are square, including phone and message (google), but they are fine. It's just Meet (google) app doesn't fit.

Also, it's not the only thing, there are so many inconsistencies in the UI, I wonder when developers notice them.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using an android or an iPhone because those icons are not from an android phone. Or are you one of those who use those programs to make your android look like a iPhone?
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Apply any icon pack or any shape. The result is still the same.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally don't do this. I use both s24u and iPhone 15pm.
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't do what? Use icon packs or any customization?
0 Likes