Original topic:

Keep getting message "to use sync tasks in android email, tap settings, then allow the following permissions: calendar"

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 03:50 PM)
Artemus69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I keep getting a message on my new S24 Ultra.  It shows the Email icon and the message says "to use sync tasks in android email, tap settings, then allow the following permissions: calendar."  I can't find any place to change permissions involving email and the calendar.  Am I missing something?

14 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using Gmail? Go to you PHONE settings and then go to apps and then go to gmail (mail) and then under permissions, add calendar. It should work the same for whatever email app you use. Find the app, open its settings and make sure the cakendar has permission.
0 Likes
Artemus69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I use both Gmail and Samsung Email.  They both have the calendar permission set.

0 Likes
funky0308
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here.. it's driving me crazy. Each day, few times and I don't know what to do. I have almost every Samsung device from Note 4 and I kniw how to set it up but I can't fix this. All permissions are allowed and I'm stuck here

userGv2LUvadO4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I also have the s24 ultra and keep getting the same notifications as everyone above. Multiple times a day. All permissions are set as well.
Parfeney
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've got the same issues
0 Likes
Robocopkitty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung fix this ! Email calendar is not syncing! Even after all the permission are turned on. BUG BUG BUG

Xinux
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yup usally once aday I get the notification "Allow Permissions. To use synch Calendar, tap Settings then allow the following permissions: Calendar" I click on it go to Calendar permissions and it's still set to allow. Hopefully this get addressed soon.

0 Likes
SM239
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Have the same issue here. Even tried disabling the permission then enabling it, but the notification still shows up again.

Fizzybean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yup same issue. Commenting for visibility. Pretty much every other day I get "Allow permissions To use Sync tasks, tap settings, then allow the following permissions: Calendar" Both Gmail and Samsung calendars have permissions allowed. All my email accounts, which are a mix of POP, SMTP and an Exchange account work fine. I received my S24+ a couple of weeks ago. Glad to see it's not just me šŸ™‚