Original topic:

Keyboard not showing up when swiping up

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 01:22 PM)
0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi all as the title says I have my home screen layout as 'home screen only' and when swiping up from the homescreen to bring up the search feature my keyboard does not automatically pop up. Is there a setting I am missing? 
14 Replies
0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Example, have to click on the search on top to bring the key board up. 1710879841066_1710879841058_0.jpg
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Go into you phone settings, select home screen snd then home screen layout. Then choose the choice you want, orher than home screen only. U less it's different on the S24, i never heard of swiping up to search. I just use the Google widget. If I swipe up on my home screen, i get my app drawer or Samsung Pay, depending on where i swipe
0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
He does it here at the 4:50 mark he swipes up goes the keyboard pops up. Not sure why for me it doesn't

https://youtu.be/prI5sx8hTm0?si=zI_vV_yOGfEscsvD
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I see how it works now. Yes, you have to have it set to home screen only. When I switched to that i was able to bring up the search, but the keyboard didnt pop right up for me either. However, it did pop right up when I tapped the search bar. That guy went through his patter so fast, I'm not quite sure I didnt see him also tap the bar. He certainly mentioned he was frustrated with keyboard not coming right up, so maybe it doesnt come up automatically. I thought i saw him quickly hit the search bar. Maybe you just have to live with that. Works the same way whether you have home screen only or the app screen. Tapping the search box brings up the keyboard.
0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS24Ultra/s/pfUCnFnzeP

Ty very much appreciate the help. I definitely think it's a bug seems to be working for him
0 Likes
Salieri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This can happen if you have battery saver on!! Had the same problem. Has to be turned off from the screen where you find three dots after pulling down from top. But I had to have Samsung help do it for me as I cannot replicate what he did. šŸ˜ž
0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ty, just checked and it's off.
desmos1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue and it drives me nuts.

0xsaul
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey, I actually just got the home up update which includes the finder access update. It still clunky when having the swipe down to open the app drawer function. But when swiping up it enables the finder and the keyboard pop ups now.
0 Likes