Original topic:

Which Messaging app should I use as default?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It's hard for me to decide wish messaging app should I default šŸ¤” for all messages! What your thoughts Samsung or Google messages app?

15 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
For what it's worth, it seems to me that Samsung messages may be "becoming" Google messages. Like Samsung messages may be "phased out". I say that because when I open Samsung messages I get this: Google Messages is now your Default Messaging App with a picture of Samsung messages pointing to Google Messages (see pic). SmartSelect_20240523_143856_Messages_1000029687_1716493136.jpg
HenryLV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You might be on to something, when I got my S23 FE last week Google Messages was the default.
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, I'm falling in love with samsung messages šŸ˜ true mine came too defaut to Google messages, I don't think Samsung will default Google messages straight out the box. I think Google is up to something with some code. You know, when you first time opening up that new phone box (android), you have to sign in with a Google account, right? I don't think everything is from there. Google sent malicious code to your phone and defaulted it to Google messages app instead of Samsung messages app šŸ˜‘
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have been using Google messages for a while. Today, I tried samsung messages, but it's pretty clean, nice UI everything is there, maybe more because it integrated samsung notes, etc...
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I may be wrong but "Google" and it's malicious code agrees. šŸ¤Ŗ šŸ˜‚ You may be absolutely right @Coolplay it's just my observation.SmartSelect_20240523_150821_Google_1000029691_1716494901.jpg
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree, you see! Google is up to something šŸ¤” šŸ‘€
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope they don't get rid of the Samsung keyboard though !
notebook
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
That sucks I'm ready to go back to a land line and writing letters.
Coolplay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Don't you like Google messages app?