Original topic:

Mirror screening

(Topic created: yesterday)
GODDESSLUV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My settings for mirror screen is on TV and I'm unable to switch it off because it's in a shade. 

I've tried everything. Please help me if you know how to fix this.

0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm not positive, but I think you can only adjust those setting while actively connected to the TV.

0 Likes
GODDESSLUV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you.
I've never set my phone up to a TV tho, that's the weird thing
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

So, you are saying that this settings screen is showing on your TV screen and you cannot get it off?  And that you never connected your phone to the TV for mirroring?  Just so I understand what you are trying to say

0 Likes
GODDESSLUV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. And I don't know what TV it's showing on because I can't see it. It's **bleep**g weird. I even reset it and it doesn't reset.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I still don't understand.  Your phone is showing that it is mirrored to a TV, but you cannot disconnect it?  You don't know which TV it is, because it's not one of yours?  You should be able to disconnect it.  Can you access smart view on your quick panel or through the settings/connected devices?  It could be that a neighbor is trying to mirror their TV to their phone, but somehow chose your phone.  I know when I used to try to connect to my Roku, my neighbor's TV showed up in my list of available devices.  Someone may have the same model phone as you and thought it was theirs in the list and now you are both stuck. The good news is that your phone is most likely safe, because you have to actually OK the connection on the connected device.

If my understanding of your situation is incorrect, please try to be as detailed as possible as to what is happening. 

0 Likes