Original topic:

Missing network mode under mobile networks

(Topic created: Sunday)
Members_LHstjoI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have samsung s24 and it is not showing the network mode selection option under mobile networks, can you please suggest the resolution.

0 Likes
12 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
What country and network provider are you using? Have you tried calling your network provider to check if different types of network is supported on the Samsung s24
0 Likes
Members_LHstjoI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I dont think it depends on country, atleast the network type selection like 5g/4g/lte should be there under the settings-> connections-> mobile network, Like my other samsung s23 ultra(us version).

Although fyi i bought s24 from usa and currently using in India.

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I think you aren't seeing the 5g option in India is because the US version doesn't support the type of connection India has. I found this article which India uses https://www.ntiprit.gov.in/pdf/gsm2g/All_about_Indias_own_5G_called_5Gi.pdf
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
You most likely need to get the India version of the phone to get it supported. The US model definitely doesn't have the technology for India cellular networks
0 Likes
Members_LHstjoI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I request you to please do not misguide if you dont know or dont understand the issue, i have 2 another us version mobiles and both are having the option. 

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Screenshots?
0 Likes
Members_LHstjoI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
  • Screenshot_20240630_141924_Call settings.jpg

ā€ƒthis is for s24 where option is not available also attaching  another us version mobile screenshot having the option

• 1719737594694453675060493547658.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure all models are unlocked and not locked to a mobile network. Can you provide more details on what type of s24 you have and what carrier you are trying to use?
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
How to Check if Samsung Phone is Unlocked or Locked
The difference between a locked and unlocked phone is that with a locked phone you cannot use a sim card of another carrier. Hence, most of the user prefers an unlocked smartphone so that they can use any sim card when they are traveling to a different country. This will not only save you roaming money but can also get you a connection with better signals. Therefore it is better to find out if your Samsung smartphone is locked or unlocked.

You can easily unlock a locked smartphone by purchasing the unlock code from your carrier. So before you contact your carrier service to unlock (if) your Samsung smartphone is locked. It is better to check whether your Samsung smartphone is unlocked or locked.

Here is How to Check if Samsung Phone is Locked or Unlocked?
Below are the methods to check if your Samsung phone is unlocked or locked.

Check SIMLock Status in the Older Samsung Smartphone Models
Open your dial-up screen and dial the following: *#7465625#
A dialog box will open with a menu.
Under the Network Lock option if the status is shown as [ON] it means that your Samsung smartphone is locked. If its unlocked the status would show as [OFF].
0 Likes