Original topic:

My new Galaxy S24 Ultra display will not stay on

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
user3NUOT6xVZZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Samsung Support Community,

I just bought a new Galaxy S24 Ultra phone and I love it -- especially the cameras.  But the display will not stay on for more than 15 seconds.  I have set the Screen timout in Settings  for  both 1 min and 2 min, but the display always times out after 15 seconds.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks.

Zaffer

0 Likes
16 Replies
dandity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
What model do you have? Mine is a Verizon phone, šŸ˜Ÿ. The thing I notice the most is the brightness of the screen. I have to have on Adaptive brightness for the screen to reach full brightness. If I manually do it, it just doesn't get there. In a really bright environment, this makes a big difference.
0 Likes
dandity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Unrelated. After any notification, if I have a media app open, i.e. spotify, youtube, it starts playing. This happens all of the time. Very annoying.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
S24u on us cellular. Just dims and goes dark after 30 sec if I'm looking at it or not
CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Do you wear glasses?  The front camera is supposed to follow your eye movements when the "keep screen on while viewing" is enabled. If it can't see the movement because of reflections of eyeglass lenses, that could be why it doesn't stay on when you view it. Could also be if light is shining on the front camera lens.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I do wear glasses
CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
user3NUOT6xVZZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

thanks Dandity,

I have it set for 10 minutes and it seems to be staying on longer now.

Zaffer

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Under what circumstances does it not stay on - ever, or just when using the phone dialer?  Because it won't stay on while you are on the phone.

I have my time out set for 2 minutes, but it always seems to stay on a little longer than that, although I have not actually timed it, and when I am actively viewing it with the "keep screen on " slider set, it just stays on til I look away for more than 2 minutes.

0 Likes