Original topic:

No category for Samsung 20,000mAh Charger

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 11:51 PM)
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
There is no specific place to ask this question, so mods feel free to move this post.

I got one of those new Beige Samsung 20,000mAh triple USB-C 45 Watt charger when it got released few months ago.

I am noticing that it discharges faster than what a 20,000mAh should. I barely get 2 charges of my Samsung S24 Ultra. Even my Samsung 10000mHa can get near those charge cycles. Has there been any problems been reported for that Samsung 20,000mAh portable charger? Thanks 
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
No, your 10,00mAh Samsung pack does not get nearly two full charged on the S24 Ultra. I have 3 of them total, 2 are dual port USBC beige with one of them brand new still in box and I also have the older 10k charger with one type c and one type A but an aluminum chassis instead of this eco plastic. If my phone is truly dead or even under 10%, those packs will barely fully charge it once. Yes you can get a few 20%-80% charges from them but not full charges you have to be exaggerating. Even the math doesn't make sense with efficiency and loss factoring in a roughly 4950mAh battery in the phone. If the 20k you have can fully charge your Ultra twice and still have some left in the tank, it's not faulty at all. I guarantee if you bought a 10 dollar mAh tester off Amazon, it would prove correct. Just because it's 4x the size of the phone battery, doesn't mean you're getting 4 charges from it. That's not how batteries work there are too many factors to explain so I won't , but just know Samsung is not going to risk their brand loyalty over fudging the numbers on a power bank. You can Google why power banks don't last as long as you think they should, it will explain everything and you'll get why 20k only fills a 5k battery twice and some leftovers.
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I never said full charging my phone twice. from 0%. You do know that lithium batteries prefer to be over 50% to extend battery life. Anuways I know of the conversion loss of power dealing with power banks. I was just doing a comparison of the 20,000mAh and 10000mAh packs.

The 20,000mAh one being thick probably has a dual layer battery stack. Maybe part of it isn't working as it should, faulty batteries or maybe they have memory effect. I don't know exactly what lithium batteries are in there.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
The 10k packs are dual cell, I don't have the Sammy 20k since I have the Anker Prime 28,000mAh but I'd assume it's probably two 10k soft shell cells in series to get 20k and the 45w rating. Unless it's thick enough to hold 18650's or 21700's. I have no clue. The 10k Samsung uses soft shell flat packs.
I'm not interested in debating the "who knows more about batteries" with you. You posted a question and I answered and you didn't seem to like my answer although accurate. Li-ion batteries haven't been in flagship phones for years. Having been replaced by the higher output, higher input and higher average life cycle, LiPo chem battery. Try one of those Oppo phones with 150w wired charging on a li-ion and let me know how quickly the fire dept come, as I guarantee that experiment will have some shocking results. Lots of them are even two cell LiPo to safely hit that amperage draw. Also it's 80%-to 20% on a high cycle phone lithium polymer for the sweet spot, not 50% as that's completely unrealistic for literally anyone to achieve. All I really wanted to say was if you know about the real use losses of batteries (ambient temp, mosfet type, PCB and trace material, quality of separation sheets inside the battery and parasitic losses throughout the whole system, then why did you make this post? You asked a question and are now claiming that you already knew that after I said it. So why post the question at all?