JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No read or sent showing

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:38 PM)
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I had upgraded from the s9+ from t-mobile and I bought the unlocked version of the s24u. Now when I send sms messages they won't show read or received. Anyone have a answer to this? 
17 Replies
aberti115
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Your welcome
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
This only works with Google Messages. US carriers have apparently decided not to support RCS on Samsung's messaging network.
0 Likes
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Funny it worked on my s9+ up until I swapped to my s24u 2 hours ago
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
A lot of changes have been made for the new operating system and not all have been improvements.

Did your S9+ have RCS messaging on it? I had thought that it was a new feature for the S23 and S24 phones.
0 Likes
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not sure. But it was bought from t-mobile so it's possible it was from there software. I have t unlocked version so no bloate ware
0 Likes
CassieMae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I always thought it depended on the person you are texting and if they have it turned on on their phone or not. There's a setting where you can turn off if people can see if you read the message or not.
0 Likes
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes that's true. But it will still show delivered on your end. It was working untill I just swapped to the s24u now the Samsung version don't show read or sent. It's working on my mom's and sister phone soo.
Chairborge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I used Google Messenger on Samsung S10. Activated S24U, set Google as default, now all old and new texts show no read and does not change after reading
0 Likes