JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification Dots to stay on home screen until opened

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 06:19 AM)
TheRev
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

Is there a way to keep notification dot on the home screen until I actually open the message or email. This serves as a reminder. 

When I get a WhatsApp message or Outlook email ... if I open the app, although not the specific message/email ... the dot on the homescreen icon goes away. With Textra, the dot remains, even if I open the app, until I actually open the text.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
As far as I know, once the app is open, the notification dot will disappear since it believes you've reviewed the notification

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you change the setting from the Dot to a Number? Maybe then the number won't disappear.
TheRev
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. Yes, I can change it, but the number disappears, too. 😞
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
As far as I know, once the app is open, the notification dot will disappear since it believes you've reviewed the notification

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

TheRev
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
🤔 Sounds logical. Thanks!
0 Likes
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
All u have to do is slide down top of phone,see the notification..after seeing the last word there's a little arrow,gently click it ,you'll be able to read most of the notification with out opening app,and phone will keep the notification Dot!

Because it won't recognize that the app was opened..

Just don't click on the notification box itself,slide,..to read.
TheRev
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks! I'll try it and report back.
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
You're very welcome 🙏🏻
0 Likes
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Also,with message notification same thing ,but you can also click on "mark message as"..not read and other options which will do the same as above,phone won't recognize you opened it,dot will stay.
0 Likes