Notifications Issues - no sound, no pop up, no badges - oneui 6.1

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 04:19 AM)
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello
I just bought the new S24Ultra with oneui 6.1

And during a couple of days I have installed ~300 applications, as I had on my old note10Plus.

Today I switched over my SIM card, and my Samsung cloud backups from my old phone to the new one so that I can start using the S24U as my daily driver...But I have got surprises:

1. Samsung Messages

Notifications sound is not working. no pop up, no counter badge, no notification on lock screen and none in the notification panel

2. Samsung Email /blue Mail

Same behavior as above

I am trying to setup Whatsapp to also check that but it takes a while since I have a huge backup

I have checked a lot of times the settings and the notification sound is there, and everything else seems to be fine. For some other applications I get notifications.

Do you have any idea what I could try? I do not want to factory reset and lose my work of a few days of installing and configuring. Also I am not sure that will help.

• I tried to clear date/cache of Messages app
  • I tried to clear cache/data of Google play Service app (according to another reddit)
  • I tried to cleat the cache partition from recovery

Thank you

PS 1: WhatsApp works without issues. Sound, pop up, notification on lock screen and in notification panel.
PS 2. Reddit app and Telegram are in the same situation: notifications do not work

0 Likes
10 Replies
Solution
eltigre4jc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Solved it. In the end I had to reset it to factory settings. Also, I made manual backups of contacts, messages, call logs and I did not restore anything from Samsung Cloud. Then I installed batches of applications  and after each batch checked to see if the notifications work. 

Until now all good. Now I have to arrange them in folders and customize each on of them

0 Likes