Original topic:

One UI 6.1.1 App drawer

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 07:51 AM)
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
One UI 6.1.1 is here, and still no vertical scrolling. I've been trying to give One UI launcher a chance.. But I can't because I prefer vertical scrolling in my app drawer. Still using Nova launcher but who knows for how long now. I know many people still want vertical scrolling but they don't want to deal with a custom launcher! Please bring it back Samsung, it's been so long for this feature to not be present! 
7 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I did the same thing, went back to Nova. I think even if they bring back vertical scrolling, I am going to stick with it. Page scrolling with transition effects is something I can't give up again!
Alkaholik
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
never liked the default launcher on galaxy devices. i have been using niagara launcher since 2019 & have not looked back
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Problem is that Nova's future is uncertain right now... I've been using Nova since.. Forever ago. I like how fast the Samsung launcher feels.. But that's it. Not enough for me to use it. Home Up helps a lot to make it better for but not enough.
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I can't stand the vertical scrolling app drawer, one of the reasons I hate stock Android try downloading good lock and you might be able to use the customization features to do that however
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
They removed these options in One UI 6, as my previous statement says. This is why having options is a good thing! Some people don't like vertical scrolling.. Others can't stand Horizontal scrolling, like my self and many others.
hahadick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung. Please for the love of all that's holy, please give us the option to do vertical app drawer or horizontal app drawer. Pretty please with sugar on top. This is dumb. I got rid of iPhone because there are no personalizations on it. I just got rid of pixel to come back to Samsung so that I can have a more exquisite experience. And for the most part Samsung offers so much more customizations than pixel default. But this app drawer not having an option to go vertical is stupid. It's the opposite of the Samsung design to give us more customizations. I don't get it. What could possibly be the issue? Just make a horizontal default for all the people that want it default and then let people like us who like vertical choose vertical. Why is this a problem in 2024. I feel like this is the kind of short-sighted thing that makes the phone seem like it's from 2011.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
iOS 18 is finally out.. And they are making android customization look like a thing of the past.. What is Samsung doing! Get it together! For the first time... iPhones are looking more appealing.. Because I've always liked customizing my devices
0 Likes