JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving message: isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 11:33 AM)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Good day My wife's z flip 4 is experiencing issues after the Android 14 update yesterday. "isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized" That message pops up from time to time on her phone and then the phone freezes perhaps an update will fix it?

136 Replies
efeltower
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm using the same phone and I have been restarting it every few mins just to escape the lagging.

0 Likes
jaxonious
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Same, I used to run the. Microsoft launcher, but had to remove it about a week or so ago b/c of this issue.

Now I run One UI.

Then a couple days ago it starter up again and said it was reddit that wasn't optimized. Luckily, it had an update out.

Now today it said it was One UI. I did a restart, but my phone had just done a scheduled auto-restart last night. Not sure what's going on.
muc089
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have been experiencing the same issues. The phone randomly freezes. I get an error message

In German:

One UI-Startbildschirm ist nicht fĆ¼r die neuste Android-Version optimiert. BildschirmberĆ¼hrungen werden mƶglicherweise verzƶgert oder nicht erkannt. In English: ONE UI home is not optimized for the latest Android version, screen touches may be delayed or not detected.

The apps also show as a background of the start menu.

This is really frustrating because the phone randomly becomes unusable.

Is there already a hotfix?

echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I disabled animations in dev options and it has been behaving since
muc089
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I found deleting the smart suggestions widget from my home screen to be working

0 Likes
userdKjagZwca1
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Galaxy S24 Ultra is getting the not optimized message and locks the screen from further touches. What can be done to fix this issue.
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
In our case the isn't optimized message was caused by an app called aod. It displays a light when a message or notification is received. The developer fixed the issue in an update, no further issues for my wife and I have a note 24 ultra and she has a z flip 3
0 Likes
Cummingsryan8
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It's been happening to me when I'm playing Spotify thru a Bluetooth device and chatting on WhatsApp. When it happens I disconnect Bluetooth and the phone starts behaving itself after a few minutes... 

0 Likes
shkirasharef
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My flip 4 is experiencing this too.

0 Likes
Dzzek1
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Has anyone tried factory resetting? Does it solve the issue?

0 Likes