Original topic:

One UI not optimized for Android. Apps lagging and failing to open

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
A couple days ago, I started getting an issue with my phone where it would ignore touches and lag significantly. I would get a toast that says One UI is not optimized for Android. It is no longer showing me Notifications as well. 

Often it eventually opens the app but it opens behind the UI, so it looks like the app is my background. Turning on and off the screen sometimes helps, but not always. Restarting the phone doesn't help much either. 

I installed no new apps, updated no software, and changed no settings. 

I've had Samsung phones for ten years, and I have never had this issue. 

I cleared my One UI data and cache, but that didn't help at all. 

It looks like this is a common bug historically - what's going on?
9 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Do you regularly optimize your phone? Do you reboot it regularly? Go to device care and optimize your apps, set it to auto optimize and auto reboot once a week.  See if that helps the lag.  In Device Care, you can also perform diagnostic tests on the hardware.  Also, download Good Guardians from the Samsung store and use the App Booster module, it should speed things up considerably.

0 Likes
echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The issue is a couple days old. I have rebooted and optimized it several times. It auto cleans the memory.
sica8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea I agree I've been having problems
Samm_sang2410
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been having similar problems with my previous phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra) and my current phone (Galaxy S24 Ultra). I find performing a restart tends to work. I am unsure as to what the cause is and would like to know too.

efeltower
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm using the same phone and I have been restarting it every few mins just to escape the lagging.

0 Likes
jaxonious
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same, I used to run the. Microsoft launcher, but had to remove it about a week or so ago b/c of this issue.

Now I run One UI.

Then a couple days ago it starter up again and said it was reddit that wasn't optimized. Luckily, it had an update out.

Now today it said it was One UI. I did a restart, but my phone had just done a scheduled auto-restart last night. Not sure what's going on.
muc089
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been experiencing the same issues. The phone randomly freezes. I get an error message

In German:

One UI-Startbildschirm ist nicht fĆ¼r die neuste Android-Version optimiert. BildschirmberĆ¼hrungen werden mƶglicherweise verzƶgert oder nicht erkannt. In English: ONE UI home is not optimized for the latest Android version, screen touches may be delayed or not detected.

The apps also show as a background of the start menu.

This is really frustrating because the phone randomly becomes unusable.

Is there already a hotfix?

echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I disabled animations in dev options and it has been behaving since
muc089
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I found deleting the smart suggestions widget from my home screen to be working

0 Likes