JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving message: isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Good day My wife's z flip 4 is experiencing issues after the Android 14 update yesterday. "isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized" That message pops up from time to time on her phone and then the phone freezes perhaps an update will fix it?

112 Replies
Chux001
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Still not worked. I think it was as a result of the software update because that was when mine started and I just got my a15

0 Likes
Chux001
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I found a temporary solution because I only experience this problem when I'm on WhatsApp so as soon as I turn on data it starts to behave like that so I have to turn off the screen and turn off data  then access it again and also if the screen was still like that I click on settings from the lock screen and clear WhatsApp from the minimize page and continue with the app but I have to be turning on and off my data

0 Likes
echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
A couple days ago, I started getting an issue with my phone where it would ignore touches and lag significantly. I would get a toast that says One UI is not optimized for Android. It is no longer showing me Notifications as well. 

Often it eventually opens the app but it opens behind the UI, so it looks like the app is my background. Turning on and off the screen sometimes helps, but not always. Restarting the phone doesn't help much either. 

I installed no new apps, updated no software, and changed no settings. 

I've had Samsung phones for ten years, and I have never had this issue. 

I cleared my One UI data and cache, but that didn't help at all. 

It looks like this is a common bug historically - what's going on?
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Do you regularly optimize your phone? Do you reboot it regularly? Go to device care and optimize your apps, set it to auto optimize and auto reboot once a week.  See if that helps the lag.  In Device Care, you can also perform diagnostic tests on the hardware.  Also, download Good Guardians from the Samsung store and use the App Booster module, it should speed things up considerably.

0 Likes
echoxiv
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The issue is a couple days old. I have rebooted and optimized it several times. It auto cleans the memory.
sica8
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yea I agree I've been having problems
Samm_sang2410
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have been having similar problems with my previous phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra) and my current phone (Galaxy S24 Ultra). I find performing a restart tends to work. I am unsure as to what the cause is and would like to know too.

efeltower
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm using the same phone and I have been restarting it every few mins just to escape the lagging.

0 Likes
jaxonious
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Same, I used to run the. Microsoft launcher, but had to remove it about a week or so ago b/c of this issue.

Now I run One UI.

Then a couple days ago it starter up again and said it was reddit that wasn't optimized. Luckily, it had an update out.

Now today it said it was One UI. I did a restart, but my phone had just done a scheduled auto-restart last night. Not sure what's going on.
muc089
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have been experiencing the same issues. The phone randomly freezes. I get an error message

In German:

One UI-Startbildschirm ist nicht fĆ¼r die neuste Android-Version optimiert. BildschirmberĆ¼hrungen werden mƶglicherweise verzƶgert oder nicht erkannt. In English: ONE UI home is not optimized for the latest Android version, screen touches may be delayed or not detected.

The apps also show as a background of the start menu.

This is really frustrating because the phone randomly becomes unusable.

Is there already a hotfix?