Original topic:

PLEASE enable option to disable auto bluetooth device switching or better ask before switching

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 02:33 AM)
Tyrionu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

since the internet has been going crazy about this for years I don't know why this isn't resolved already.

one of many examples: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuestions/comments/14xqiy6/any_way_to_disable_bluetooth_auto_connect...

Please add the function that asks the user if he wants to switch Bluetooth devices while in use.

This is especially annoying with conf-call speakers,  headphones, ... as the phone switches Bluetooth devices even during calls. In our office we have 20 Jabra speakers exchanged between employees, which is driving us all nuts. 

Also extremely annoying in private life with Bluetooth home speakers/car audio/headphone combination.

This must be resolved ASAP.

KR

M

2 Replies
Alb1827
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I can't believe this has been going on so long and there is no option to either 1) prompt the user to switch to nearby device or 2) lock the current device you're using
0 Likes
userB6QDy3C8HG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I was just looking for a lock to stop the auto switch on earbuds (I have 2 sets paired). The auto switch happens every few minutes, and it doesn't matter what set I'm currently using it will connect to the other one. When I look at connected devices, it will show both connected. It's not possible to use both. I guess I could have one bud for each, but then it will keep going back and forth. It's very frustrating!!!.
0 Likes